fitness class timetable
MEMBERS MUST BRING THEIR OWN MATS, TOWEL & WATER
(Classes can be booked 72 hours in advance for current members only, early booking is essential).
- Hugely important to remember that all classes must be booked via our website at: www.clannlifefitnessashbourne.com and click ''Fitness Classes'' - Clannlife staff cannot do this for you and please do not call the club to book.
- Aqua will have a maximum number of 25 per class. (There will be 3 morning classes and 2 evening classes).
- Pilates will have a maximum number of 15 per class. (There will be 3 morning classes for the moment).
- Please remember we are doing our best to ensure the safety of our customers and staff with reduced capacity and social distancing in place within our club.
WHAT CLASSES DO WE OFFER OUR MEMBERS?
Spinning classes are done in the spinning studio, with the music set to create an energized atmosphere. Instructors guide participants through workout phases. Warm-up, main phase, sprints, hill climbs and cool-downs. You control resistance on your bike to make the pedaling as easy or difficult as you choose. Constant adjustment is normal. All you'll need is workout clothes, a towel (to wipe your face) and a water bottle. All levels welcome!
15, 15, 15, 15
15,15,15,15 is a demanding class that lasts an hour and is divided into 4 sections of 15 minutes each. This class combines strength training with cardio, spin, and muscle endurance exercises. It's an incredibly fun and unique approach to gain muscle and burn some calories. Whether you desire to lose weight or grow muscle, this class will guide you through every aspect of fitness while also enhancing your body's strength and resistance.
Weight training, a type of strength training that uses weights as resistance, is the main focus of power sesh classes. Similar to how aerobic conditioning develops your heart, weight training places the muscles under stress, which forces them to adapt and grow stronger. Weight training can be done using weight machines or free weights like barbells and dumbbells. Other forms of resistance training, such as those involving resistance bands or your own body weight, can also help you gain strength.
Pilates is a body conditioning routine that may help build flexibility, muscle strength, and endurance in the legs, abdominals, arms, hips, and back. It puts emphasis on spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing, and developing a strong core and improving coordination and balance. Pilates' system allows for different exercises to be modified in range of difficulty from beginning to advanced. Intensity can be increased over time as the body conditions and adapts to the exercises.
Our circuit training classes are a form of body conditioning that involves endurance training / resistance training / high-intensity aerobics / and exercises performed in a circuit. It targets strength building and muscular endurance. Good for people who want to loose weight or even tone up! Classes vary depending on which trainer is taking the class, check our social medias to find out.
Aqua Aerobics is not just about splashing around the pool - its an excellent way to burn off fat and build strength and aerobic capacity. In fact, aqua aerobics is known to benefit people suffering from arthritis and M.S. An aerobic water exercise of around 30 minutes can help you burn about 300 calories. The benefits include;
- Exercising in water requires you to only support 50% of your body weight.
- The risk of injury is low due to its low impact exercise. Ideal for pregnant women.
- Stress and compression on joints is lesser.
- Natural resistance Ideal for people undergoing rehabilitation exercise or sufferers of arthritis.
An entertaining class is the instructor's choice, in which the instructor selects the session's main objectives and the exercises to be carried out. We have four different trainers, each of whom focuses on a different aspect of fitness and has a unique teaching style. With the music of the instructor's choice, the classes will be held in either the main class studio or the spin studio. Anyone wishing to get a good exercise in can benefit from this 45-minute class!